You have either purchased a new phone or you do not want to continue using Cash App for any other reason, in both situations, you need to delete the Cash App account. However, even if you delete a Cash App account, its history would still remain with Cash App or in your account. Thus, if you are thinking to delete the account permanently, then you must ensure that you delete its history beforehand. For this, a user might need to learn to delete cash app history.
Keeping in mind all of this, we have listed both the methods in this article which we shall be discussing one by one. Some Cash App users might think that deleting the Cash App application would delete the Cash App account and its history as well. But, this is merely keeping you in darkness. Because simply deleting the application would not help. Thus, in this scenario, you should ensure to delete Cash App account first and then delete the app, but only after ensuring that you have deleted the history as well.
Things to do before you delete your Cash App account
Prior to deleting your Cash App account, a user must do the following things for his benefit:
- In the case of a deceased person, you need to recover the cash app login online details of that person.
- Also, make sure there are no funds in your wallet. Else, they would go in vain.
- After transferring your funds, make sure to let your contacts know that the account will no longer be available.
- After you have done all of this, it is time to learn how to clear Cash App history and how to how to close Cash App account.
Can you delete Cash App history?
In case you are worried about if someone would gain access to the details of the transactions you have made, then you should not get worried about the same. Since a user cannot delete the history of a Cash App account, it does not mean that anybody can have a look at the transactions you have made. So, the answer to the question “how to clear cashapp history” is quite clear that you cannot do so.
The method to delete the Cash App account
- Open the Cash App application.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on the ‘Account’ icon at the top.
- From the menu, choose ‘Support.’
- From that menu, select ‘Something else.’
- Then, tap ‘Account Settings.’
- Choose ‘Close my Cash App account.’
- Next, tap ‘Confirm Closing My Cash App Account.’
If your account deletion request gets approved, you will receive the confirmation message on your registered email address or phone number.
If you do not get the confirmation message or email, then there is a possibility that you would need to request Cash App login once again for the same. In case you are wondering how to delete cash app application, then it is pretty simple. You just need to long-press the app icon, tap on the ‘Close’ mark, and tap ‘Uninstall.’